For local and regional businesses, becoming a corporate sponsor of DSRT Tavistock can be so much more than donating a raffle prize!
CORPORATE SOCIAL RESPONSIBILITY
Corporate social responsibility is recognised as a driving factor behind businesses dedicating time towards supporting charities and helps companies be socially accountable – to itself, its stakeholders and the public. Customers and employees want businesses to be seen to be going the right thing.
If you are serious about doing good in the community, and about boosting your company’s exposure and reputation in a positive way, corporate sponsorship could be a really good option. Research shows that when faced with a choice between two companies that offered products and services for the same price, 82% of UK consumers said their decision would be affected by whether a company engaged with charities and its local community. (Research: Forresters (2013) research of 1100 people from the UK.)
BENEFITS OF CORPORATE SPONSORSHIP
There are so many benefits to corporate sponsorship:
- Increased visibility and revenue
- Brand recognition
- Business image and reputation
- Networking and marketing opportunities
- Exposure to different sectors
- Boost office morale and encourage team-building
- Improved public relations
- Enhanced employee relations and employee retention
- Donating goods or financial support to a charity is tax deductible.
Limited companies can claim corporation tax relief by deducting the value of your donations from your business profits on various types of donation:
- Money – given to charity by a limited company is generally tax-deductible
- Equipment (you can claim full capital allowances on equipment that you donate to charity)
- Trading stock (you can give your products to charity and get tax relief on their value by not including them as sales income)
HOW TO BECOME A CORPORATE SPONSOR
In the first instance, contact us using the CONTACT FORM to discuss how we can work together.
Helping DSRT Tavistock through your company can be done in various ways:
- Staff Time
- Matched Giving.
If you are able to help us in our Rescue Centre Rebuild appeal for important work that we need to carry out on our Rescue Centre. There are opportunities for permanent signage on the Rescue Centre. Please get in touch.